We’re happy to announce that you’ll now be able to utilize two-factor authentication in our client area. Two-factor authentication (2FA) adds an additional level of security where not only your password is required but an additional code retrieved from another device such as a phone.
Two-factor authentication is completely optional, however we highly recommended it. There are several apps available to handle time based two-factor authentication including but not limited to:
- Google Authenticator (Android and iOS)
- Microsoft Authenticator (Android and iOS)
- Authy (Android, iOS, Windows, MacOS and Chrome)
Once setup, if someone ever tries to use your client area password they would be unable to login as the two-factor authentication code would also be required.
To enable 2FA on your account you need to login to your client area then follow the steps below:
- Download a two-factor app
- From the Client Area, begin by navigating to Hello, Name! > Security Settings
- Click on the Click here to Enable button
- Select the Time Based Tokens service
- Click on the Get Started button
- Scan the QR code with an authenticator app such as Google Authenticator
- Enter in the 6-digit code that the authenticator app generates
- Click on the Submit button
- Record the Backup Code in a safe place (IMPORTANT)
- Click the Close button
The next time you login to your client area after entering your password you’ll be asked to provide your two-factor authentication code
Once you provide the time based one time password you will then be logged in to your client area.